Sports injuries are a common occurrence in the sporting world, ranging from a sprained ankle to a dislocated shoulder. The Physiotherapists at Ergoworks will assess your injury and be able to provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan to help get you back to playing as soon as possible.
Same day appointments.
Convenient CBD location.
One on One Treatment.
We treat the cause, not just the symptoms.
Claim on the spot.
Sporting injuries can have a number of causes including:
- Overtraining leading to overuse injuries such as tendinopathies or muscle tears
- Undertraining leading to overload of tissues which are not prepared for the activity
- Incorrect equipment. Training in the wrong footwear can lead to problems ranging from foot and ankle pain to hip and even back pain
- Biomechanics and technique. Running technique can lead to overuse injuries and problems such as runners knee
- Accidents! Gravity can sometimes be your worst enemy. Falls and collisions can lead to sprains and contusions (bruises)
Ergoworks Physiotherapy can help to identify underlying issues that may have led to your sporting injury, preventing it from happening again. If you do sustain a sporting injury, it is best you seek assessment and treatment for your injury by a sports injury physiotherapist while it is in the acute phase (the first 48 to 72 hours). This allows the physiotherapist to accurately diagnose the injury and formulate a treatment plan to have you back to your sport in the quickest time-frame possible.
Common sporting injuries include:
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Ankle Sprain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Calf Strain or Tear
- Shin Pain
- ACL Injury
- Patella-femoral Pain
- Meniscal or Cartilage Injuries of the Knee
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome
- Patella Tendinopathy
- Hamstring Strain or Tear
- Hip and Groin Injuries
- Sports Hernia
- Tennis elbow and Golfer’s elbow
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Rotator cuff injuries and tears
- Shoulder impingement
- Running injuries
If you have an injury that requires immediate treatment, contact Ergoworks now on 1300 374 696 to book a Sydney sports physio appointment.